Yesterday was an interesting day in many regards - taking a visit to Spyros Kyprianou Athletic Center to support my dear friend and colleague Nefi Charalambous - Darden in a post international weight lifting contest.
My first surprise was the sheer size and scope of this place - felt like a small city, with a labarynth of corridors, lifts and stairs linking a wide range of areas for different sporting activities - and a most ginormous staduim in the centre, where I gather conterts are held from time to time. WOW - when Cyprus does it, it does it BIG!!!. Anyway - I found myself a friendly passer by who spoke English, and after trailing up and down dark stairwells and passages ( yes- I put infinate trust in this Sweedish Australian from Cyprus!!!) - there was Nefi - in the weightlifting hall.
It should be pointed out at this point that Nefi is decidedly ' pint sized' - and as she pointed out, her main competition was young enough to be her daughter, and a professional weight lifter who trains daily..
She is therefore to be much congratulated on her impressive performance - As Dr Nefi - SENCO and Autism Specialist, there is not a great deal of time for training, however - finishing at a 55k lift, she was only 2 k behind the winner - and, I believe the only actual Cypriot in the competition - Nefi - RESPECT !!!
I am passionate about Cyprus, and the village of Kouklia in particular. I'm lucky enough to live and work in the area
- Kouklia Artworks - lovely old Village Buildings with many exciting traditional products
- OPENING HOURS and CONTACT
- VITUAL TOUR OF THE ARTWORKS BY JOHN COOLS - http://www.cyprusmyisland.com/paphos/kouklia
- Art and Craft classes Programme
- trip adviser
- MEET THE ARTISTS AND CRAFTERS
- About Kouklia
- Kouklia Maps and pictures with a little music to add to the atmosphere
- Great Opportunity at the new Centre for Artists and Crafters
- About Angela Winstanley
- Paintings and other artwork
- Creating a colour pencil portrait
- Trompe L'oeil
- Ceramics Pebble painting and Models
- Posters, CD covers and promotion material
- Photographic restoration and enhancement
- Angela's Noggin the Gnome Adventures
- Comments and recommendations
- Price List
- UK DIRECT DELIVERY SERVICE
- Contact Angela
- Angela's Blog
- Images of Cyprus